The flow of awards continues for Mudgee‘s most awarded winemaker, with Robert Stein Wines awarded eight trophies and nine gold medals at the recent Mudgee Wine Show.
The awards included Champion Wine of the Show and culminated with Jacob Stein being named Mudgee’s Winemaker of the Year for the third year running.
The impressive list of awards comprises:
- Champion Wine:2019 Robert Stein ‘Half Dry’ Riesling
- Most Successful Exhibitor:Robert Stein Winery
- Winemaker of the Year: Jacob Stein, Robert Stein Wines
- Most Outstanding White Wine: 2016 Robert Stein Riesling
- Most Outstanding Sweet Wine:2019 Robert Stein ‘Half Dry’ Riesling
- Best Semillon: 2017 Robert Stein ‘Aged Release’ Semillon
- Best White Wine(not Chardonnay or Semillon): 2016 Robert Stein Riesling
- Best Museum White Wine: 2009 Robert Stein Riesling
“This has been a record-breaking year for the winery,” said Jacob. “It is an honour to be named Mudgee’s Winemaker of the Year for the third consecutive year. While it’s nice to have my name of the Trophy, it is more a reflection of the winemaking and vineyard team.
“Lisa Bray and the cellar team deserve a special thanks. They have been instrumental in the continual improvement of quality in the winery over the last four years. Winning the Champion Wine of the Show is a rewarding achievement given the quality of wines in Mudgee at the moment. It is especially rewarding as it was our Riesling, which continues to be our flagship wine.”
In addition to the eight trophies, the winery received nine gold medals, seven silver medals and nine bronze medals; 25 awards for the 26 entries. “While we are proud of the achievements of our Rieslings, these results show a consistent improvement in quality across our entire portfolio.”
“This year has been quite surreal,” continued Jacob. “We were elated with winning the Trophy for the Best Riesling at the 2019 Sydney Royal Wine Show and now we have added more awards for our Rieslings, across a number of styles and vintages.”